Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Store Coordinator - Operations (SC-OPS) is responsible to assist in administrative, operational and merchandising functions of the store, with the primary objective of meeting sales and profit plans. The SC-OPS must ensure that customer service is prioritized over all other tasks. They will be responsible for all areas of the store in the absence of the Store Coordinator - Merchandising.
Job Type: Full time
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Area Manager
- Ensure all goals and objectives are met relative to store budget;
- Manages all aspects of brand new merchandise;
- Supervise, train and development store volunteer staff to include scheduling and maintaining;
- Direct supervision of Customer Service Associates;
- Supervisory duties as listed below:
- Review weekly timesheets for accuracy, review employee submission and update as needed; approve timesheets by required timeline;
- Conduct one-on-one meetings (monthly at a minimum frequency, preferably bi-weekly) with direct reports;
- Perform scheduled conversations and annual performance reviews by required timeline;
- Partner with Learning and Development Manager to:
- Develop a learning plan for employee development goals to provide tools needed to excel in their position;
- Implement and follow a process to address performance issues as they arise;
- Partner with Learning and Development Manager to prepare a comprehensive on-boarding process for each specific position for all new hires;
- Hold direct reports accountable for compliance policies and procedures, not limited to but including:
- Relias Training;
- HIPAA breeches;
- Adherence to requirements of their position based on the job description;
- Customer service conduct;
- Code of Conduct and Behavioral Expectations;
- Attend trainings with Learning and Development trainings on employment law. Managers are expected to partner with People Operations on all employment law issues; i.e., reporting sexual harassment; FMLA; hour and wage laws; workers compensation reporting;
- Partner with People Operations Business Partner on serious human resources issues that may require interventions or investigations and employee complaints after you have exhausted your attempt at resolution;
- Engage in employee and department team morale to include programs that promotes our Building Connections program and Kudos;
- Conduct at minimum a monthly department meeting to disseminate information acquired at higher level meetings;
- Document employee notes, actionable items and Corrective Actions within e3 in a timely manner with regard to employee performance issues, attendance issues. This also includes positive notes on recognition and Kudos posts;
- Review department monthly financials to adhere to approved budget;
- Take ownership of your own professional develop;
- Foster cooperative group processes and efficiently use resources; delegate tasks and workload assignments;
- Develop and monitor departmental and program/project operating budgets, costs and schedules;
- Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands;
- Supervise, lead, coach and use best management practices to improve staff performance;
- Support and model the identified vision, values and behaviors of the organization.
- Work with the Volunteer Program Manager for volunteer needs;
- Give weekly sales and progress reports to the Area Manager;
- Supervise receiving, display and pricing of brand new product;
- Keep brand new product fully stocked and well displayed;
- Maintain standards of quality and cleanliness throughout the store;
- Monitor and sign all related staff and volunteer time cards, vacation and sick leave requests for your direct area of supervision;
- Ensure (and conduct when necessary) cross training of staff as appropriate;
- Ensure appropriate training of all new personnel and volunteers, and participate in the interview process;
- Set up store displays as assigned;
- Assist customers with sales and questions;
- Move merchandise from warehouse to sales floor and vice versa;
- Furniture assembly;
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times;
- Help with scheduling;
- Flexibility in schedule, weekends and holidays are required;
- Flexible schedule to including opening and closing of the store;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate from a high school, or possession of a certificate of proficiency issued by the California State Board of Education, or possession of a G.E.D. certificate;
- 2 years prior retail experience;
- 2 years prior supervisory experience preferably in a retail setting;
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and web based email applications;
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English;
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience/knowledge of thrift store environment;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and team-oriented skills;
- Self-starting, self-motivating mind-set;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail;
- Basic mathematical skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and calculating percentages.
License(s) and Certification(s)
Working Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a store set and requires constant times of sitting, standing, walking and repetitive motion. Ability to lift 50 pounds or more. Potential exposure to hazard materials, irritants and allergens and noise. Exposure to extreme hot and cold.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of everything that is required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This job requires full proof of authorization to work in the United States without any future requirement of sponsorship for work visa.
Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a Drug Free Workplace. In order to obtain a culturally diverse staff, we encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Applications from minorities, members of the transgender community and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of DAP Health to provide equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, age, disability or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws. DAP Health welcomes the opportunity to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the employment process, please notify People Operations. Any employment relationship with DAP Health is at-will. This means employment can be terminated at any time, with or without notice or cause, at the option of either DAP Health or the employee.